No longer interested in maintaining the overhead wire the company purchased two of these ex-US Army whitcomb diesels to replace the electric freight motors for the last few years of service.
Location Involved: South Street, Frederick Date: 01/05/1958
This is a Vintage Print cateloged in the H&FRHS archives as
It came to the Society from the collection of Hampton/Tosh. It is stored in Binder 4Trolley, motor or car(s) in or mentioned in the image:
Whitcomb Diesel #1