Seen here is H&F #5, built in 1920 out of parts at the Hagerstown Shop. This 1927 photo presents the motor at the Middletown station with a string of freight cars that would more likely be seen on the Thurmont branch rather than the hilly Middletown area of the mainline.
Location Involved: Middletown, MD
Photographer Howard E. Johnston
This is a Vintage Print cateloged in the H&FRHS archives as
It came to the Society from the collection of Hampton/Tosh. It is stored in Binder 4Trolley, motor or car(s) in or mentioned in the image:
Freight Motor #5