|Type: Closed Coach||Capacity: 44||Purchased in:|
|Built by:Southern Car Co.||in 1918 for Columbia Street Railway Gas & Electric Co.|
|Length (bumper): 44'00"||(Platform):||(Post):|
|Width:||Height from Rail to platform:,||to roof:||Steps: 1|
|2 trucks||Model: Brill 27G||purchased H&F in u/k, originally HRY||Wheel base:|
|Wheel Diameter:||Axle Diameter:||Car Weight: lbs.|
|This car had 4 motors.||Motor model: GE 80||Gear ratio:||Motor HP: 40 each|
|Controller Model: K27||Compressor:||Air Gove.:|
|Also owned by:|
|Other notes: Retired 1937. disposition unknown, presumed scrapped.|
The four cars of the 150-153 series were built to serve the Columbia Street Railway Gas & Electric Company in South Carolina. During WW1 these cars served on the “Camp Express” from Columbia to nearby Camp Jackson.
In 1923 the Hagerstown & Frederick Railway purchased the cars and assigned them to Hagerstown area service, most notably Boonsboro and Funkstown runs. This car recieved trucks from a former Hagerstown Railway car to replace its original Taylor trucks.
The 150-153 series served various uses after retirement and there is some confusion surrounding exactly which cars were used as a restaurant and later a hose drying shed for a Frederick fire company.