Coach #48

Type: Closed CoachCapacity: 40Purchased in:
Built by:J.G. Brill Co. in 1926 for Potomac Edison Cumberland


Length (bumper): (Platform): (Post):
Width: Height from Rail to platform:,to roof: Steps:


2 trucksModel: Brill 177Epurchased H&F in Wheel base:
Wheel Diameter: Axle Diameter: Car Weight: lbs.


This car had 4 motors.Motor model: GE 264Gear ratio: Motor HP: 30 each


Controller Model: Compressor: Air Gove.:
Also owned by: Cumberland Street Railway
Other notes: Retired 1949, became chapel.

Car 48 served in Cumberland until that line was purchased and closed by H&F.  Moved to H&F in 1934 and used until 1949 on mainline and Frederick area service.  Became the chapel for “The Little Mission with the Big Welcome” alongside Line Car 15 which became the rectory.