Trolley 150 and Myersville

Trolley 150 and Myersville

Trolley cars 150-153 only operated on the H&F from 1923 until 1939, however they are highly recognized due to the preservation of #150 and its use in advertising throughout the region. The car is now on the official seal of Myersville as well as being used in the logo of the Thurmont Trolley Trail.

See trolley 150 transported in 1993 from its former home AS a home to the Trolley Festival Grounds in Myersville. The car had been used as part of a mountain cabin for 50 years.

The car was restored by Donald Easterday of Myersville and kept on his property where he, along with the Myersville Lion’s Club, provided a large community event which attracted thousands of visitors to the area every October. Mr. Easterday provided history talks three times a day during the festival inside of car 150 and ultimately inspired the formation of the Hagerstown & Frederick Railway Historical Society. He also located the last surviving waiting shelter and moved it to the property as well. Although he was not directly involved in our organization’s founding Mr. Easterday was presented with a lifelong membership.

After Mr. Easterday passed away in 2016, the Town of Myersville purchased the car from his family and renovated it to be preserved within the town’s new Community Library. In the following video the Mayor of Myersville discusses community projects including the restoration of the trolley and library construction.

Myersville Trolley Festival

The Myersville Trolley Festival took place on the 2nd weekend of October from 1994 until 2012. H&F 150 served as the centerpiece parked on the location of a former farm siding alongside the railway’s main line. The festival offered food, music competitions, artist galleries, demonstrations, rides, antique vehicles, trolley history presentations and town history tours on a bus made to look like a trolley. Here are some video segments showing some of the festival in 2010.