Object TypeTrolley Part
H&FRHS Catalog ID22.22.02
Date or Period1921
Credit LineBetty Duke
Earliest Known OwnerCarroll James
Dimensions20" x 12" x 8"h
Storage LocationOn Loan to Boonsboro Trolley Station Museum
One of two gong bells installed under the floor of H&F #172 by the J.G. Brill Co. when the car was constructed in Philadelphia in 1921. This bell was removed from the car in 1954 after the Last Trolley trip by Carroll James. Included note appears to be written in the hand of R. Paul Smith, President of the Potomac Edison Company at the time giving permission to Mr. James for the removal of the bell.